Responsible for execution of tasks related to the support, maintenance and documentation of information systems running Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP, CRM and Retail software using Microsoft Lifecycle Services, Microsoft Azure Portal, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure DevOps and other related cloud and on-premises technologies for Bluefort customers and Bluefort internal systems. The DevOps engineer will be involved in on-going customer and internal projects as well as supporting customers who are already live.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Provision new test, production, demo and pre-sales environments both on-premises and in the cloud
- Work within a team to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications
- Monitor health of project and live environments via a range of telemetry tools
- Perform Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) related tasks
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting DevOps best practices
- Database migrations
- Handle support calls and tickets in a timely and efficient manner
- Estimate down-times and co-ordinate with customers’ ICT personnel to minimise business interruption
- Execute and monitor results of automated test suites and discuss results with Bluefort consultancy and development teams and/or with customer key users
- Implement and improve Continuous Delivery pipelines, with an aim to allow any member of an agile team to deploy/config or change anything without incident
- Identify and document best practices, recurring issues and keep an inventory of customer environments
- Managing Client Licencing in the CSP and DPL Microsoft programs
Preferred education and experience:
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in ICT or equivalent
- Experience in administering, maintaining or supporting information systems
- Experience in handling support tickets
- Experience in release management
- System administration skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS).
- Scripting (Powershell, Bash etc).
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high-level accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with internal or external customers who need urgent support.
- Ability to set road-map for skills improvement.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- Flexible working conditions
- An attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and work experience which will be variable depending on the goals achieved
- A variety of extras over and above the remuneration package which include Health Insurance, Life Insurance & Travel Insurance