Microsoft has enabled early access for new features of the first release wave of updates planned for 2020 for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform, with general availability starting April 2020. Microsoft is heavily invested in rapidly delivering new capabilities to our customers. Microsoft delivers these capabilities through two release waves per year.
Highlights of the Finance, Operations, Commerce and HR capabilities as part of their strategy roadmap include:
- Dynamics 365 Finance releases enhancements to country-specific tax, invoicing, payment formats, and regulatory reporting capabilities to help global organizations stay compliant with newly introduced local regulations.
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management helps organizations reduce operational costs by introducing customer self-service experiences, enhancements to asset management, and the new on-hand inventory service for inventory visibility across Dynamics 365 and other legacy systems.
- Dynamics 365 Commerce strengthens the personalized, omnichannel experience for consumers by adding e-commerce, providing smart product recommendations, and enhancing clienteling.
- Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection helps merchants increase revenue and reduce fraud losses and costs while improving the consumer’s online check-out experience by releasing two new services, account protection and loss prevention.
- Dynamics 365 Human Resources expands capabilities for human resources professionals, employees, and managers in leave and absence and benefits management programs.
Highlights of the Customer Engagement capabilities as part of their strategy roadmap include:
- Dynamics 365 Sales continues to focus on user experience and sellers productivity improvements. New features include a new Kanban board to quickly manage activities and opportunities and a new forecasting experience allowing organizations to drive more accountability and success in their sales teams.
- Dynamics 365 Sales Insights expands focus to include inside sales scenarios and enhances conversation intelligence capabilities. New features include deeper conversation analysis with emotion detection to enable sellers with the information they need, when they need it.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service expands agent productivity tooling to help organizations evolve a proactive and predictive service model.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service Insights optimizes the customer service experience through AI with new capabilities including richer integration with Power Virtual Agents and access to the insights data for in-depth analytics.
- Dynamics 365 Field Service improves effectiveness through a new resource scheduling dashboard, integration with Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, and technician time entries.
- Dynamics 365 Marketing remains focused on enabling marketers by enhancing product usability, personalized marketing capabilities with dynamic content for contacts, and integration scenarios with third-party content management systems and Microsoft Forms Pro.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Insights enhances data profiling enrichment and segmentation capabilities, helping organizations better understand their customer data and derive actionable insights to drive business processes.
The new capabilities in the Power Platform sees an impressive stack of features to add onto Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, AI Builder, and the Common Data Service. This release sees a strong drive to include robotic process automation which can be seen in Power Automate. Power Apps shows strong enhancements in Teams, mobile and offline capabilities as well as portal improvements and features for App makers of all skill levels. Power BI shows focus on enhanced user experiences, platform capabilities, AI and big data analytics.
You can opt in to try these new features in your test environments ahead of general availability in April. To opt in to early access, click here.
Bluefort will also share the overview guides and videos during the early access period to help customers on-board the new capabilities. Contact us here for a meeting to discuss how Dynamics 365 and Power Platform can benefit your business.