“How do you optimise your operations and financial processes without replacing our financial business applications or ERP?” This is a simple question that many leaders ask themselves. It is surprising how many businesses still require high levels of data input; simply reproducing existing data across applications.
Here’s an example: You record a sale to a customer in one system (your operational system, eCommerce store or from a project application) and the finance team needs to retype the sales data in the finance application to invoice it to the customer and record the chart of account entries and post the connected tax or VAT inputs.
If you produce a high volume of sales orders it becomes apparent that the recreation of sales data between the systems becomes a repetitive and manual time-consuming task. This is also expensive!
Now factor in the revenue invoicing which is not reconciled and completely at the mercy of data typists in the team, so any error impacts the customer and rework to fix the error carries through a negative workload to fix.
Low hanging fruit are key
So, what is the solution direction to remove the above manual overhead and all its fallouts? How can you support your team to work in an effective and smart manner and eliminate burying them in manual and repetitive tasks?
Automation is a key initiative that with the ability to eliminate manual and repetitive processes. Layering the capability on top of your existing technologies and systems provides an efficient mechanism to:
- Reduce manual data entry across systems
- Prevent human error
- Streamline and enforce business rules which cannot be easily governed in your existing systems
To address the scenario above, we can utilise your current applications and provide connectors from the sales application to
- pick up new sales orders that can be invoiced using a process defined in the Power Platform.
- The sales order is captured and moved to the source system for billing. If needed, we inform a user to complete the invoicing or we can drive the process manually if the invoice application allows us to trigger the process.
- At the same time, we record the sales and the invoice totals and validate that the data reconciles. The same data can be used for reporting and visualisations.
You do not need to overhaul your present ERP or Business apps to drive the above solution automation. The Bluefort business process team works together with the finance team to bring robotic process automation to your business in a fast and proven manner using Microsoft technology.
Contact us here for a meaningful discussion about quick wins to automate manual processes in your business.